Discord.py archived so it's time to find a new Discord Bot library for Python! We searched for a few weeks and reviewed multiple projects. By the end Hikari and Tanjun looked most promising to us.
This series will start from scratch and slowly build a Discord Bot all while teaching you the libraries!
- Part 1: Introduction & Index [You are Here]
- Part 2: Make a Bot and Client!
- Part 3: Embed Plugin, Dependency Injection, and Buttons/Components!
- Part 4: Deeper Look at Dependency Injection
- Part 5: Tanjun without Decorators
All of the code and snippets you see in this series are stored in the above Gitlab. All code is licensed under GPLv2.
Our personal Discord Bot build in Hikari/Tanjun. Many components and plugins from this series were started here. More hikari and tanjun code examples at least! GPLv2.
If you need more help with Hikari, Tanjun or Lightbulb the support server is great! The devs and community are incredibly friendly.